Certificate of Standing Form

Applicants that have practised dentistry or are licensed to practise dentistry in another Canadian province/territory or any other international jurisdiction must request a certificate of standing from the dental regulatory authority as part of the application process.

A certificate of standing form verifies:

  • that a dentist is currently or has been registered to practise dentistry in another jurisdiction and that they are in good standing – the absence of licence revocations or suspensions, disciplinary action, findings or allegations of professional misconduct, incompetence or incapacity.

Who fills out a Certificate of Standing Form?

A  certificate of standing form must be completed by the regulatory authority of the dentistry profession for each jurisdiction where you practised or been granted the right to practise dentistry.

The completed form must be sent directly from the regulatory authority to the RCDSO, preferably by e-mail to registration@rcdso.org.

Copies of the document submitted by the applicant will not be accepted. Reference or character letters cannot replace a certificate of standing form.

If you currently live outside of Canada, it may be advantageous to have the certificate of standing form completed by the appropriate governing authority in your country before immigrating to Canada.

If a regulatory body is unwilling to complete the RCDSO Certificate of Standing form, the regulatory body should still send their own version of a Certificate of Standing along with a copy of the blank RCDSO form to indicate they are unwilling to complete it. After reviewing the document from the regulatory body, staff will let you know whether any additional documentation is required.