Funding for therapy and counselling

We provide funding for therapy and counselling for patients who allege sexual abuse by a dentist. You do not need to have a therapist/counsellor to apply. 

For more information, please download the full application package including FAQs and all forms.

Please note you have to download the forms and open them with Adobe Acrobat Reader to be able to sign them.

  ◊ To apply for funding, please complete Form A.

  ◊ Once you have chosen a therapist/counsellor, they will need to complete Form B.

  ◊ If you have already started therapy/counselling for the alleged sexual abuse and want to request reimbursement for costs you have personally incurred out-of-pocket, please complete Form C.

The College’s Patient Relations Committee (PRC) will review your application to determine whether you meet the eligibility criteria set out in legislation. You do not have to meet with the PRC as they just review the documentation submitted.

Note: The funding for therapy and counselling is separate and distinct from the College’s investigation and discipline processes.

How to submit the forms

Email us:   
By mail:
Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario
Attn. Patient Relations Committee
6 Crescent Road, Toronto, ON M4W 1T1
By fax:


Contact us

If you are having issues accessing the forms, please contact us.

Email: Phone: 416-961-6555
Toll-free: 1-800-565-4591